Dinan Performance Intercooler for BMW | E8X | N54 | N55
When modifying the car and increasing boost, installing an upgraded intercooler is essential to keep the engine computer from restraining boost as temperatures climb. The stock air-air intercooler is quickly overcome with heat and can't keep the intake air cool enough. If it's too hot the engine computer will reduce power to safer levels. A Dinan intercooler is much larger than stock, providing more surface area for cooling air to pass through. Even heat soak at low speeds is reduced, making this a worthwhile addition even for stock or mildly tuned engines. The E82 135i/1M Dinan intercooler is 93% larger than stock but is a direct replacement with only minor trimming of plastic under trays required for installation. The factory charge piping in and out of the intercooler is re-used.
Installation Instructions: Dinan E8X 1-Series Intercooler D330-0010B Installation
- Used in conjunction with Performance Engine Software, the intercooler produces an additional 5 horsepower as well as more consistent performance under varying driving conditions.
- Face area larger than the stock intercooler setup for maximum cooling efficiency to deter heat soak - 93% increase in total volume
- Charge Air Pressure drop: 0.7 PSI (25% improvement over stock)
- Charge Air Temperature drop: 155Â? F (11% improvement over stock)
- Charge Air Temperature / Ambient Temperature Delta: 18Â? F @ 6250 RPM (60% improvement over stock)
2008-2013 E82 E88 BMW 135i 1M Coupe
|BMW||E8X 1 Series||135i||N54 3.0L|
|BMW||E8X 1 Series||1M||N54 3.0L|
|BMW||E8X 1 Series||135i||N55 3.0L|
We Also Recommend
034 Track/Street Density Line Motor Mounts (Priced Each) - Audi B8 / B8.5
CTS Turbo Air Intake System - True 3.5" Velocity Stack | B8 | B8.5 S4 | S5 Q5 | SQ5